Saturday, December 3, 2011

Aircraft Identification - Test Your Knowledge #2 - Photos

 Once in a while I take time time off on the weekend and post a few pics instead.  The first post in this Aircraft ID series, Historic Aircraft seemed to go over well, so how about another crack at it?



Thank you to Jon Radlett (via Twitter) for the first two IDs.

Lockheed XFV-1 Salmon (experimental). It's a VTOL  (vertical take-off/landing), first official flight was in 1954 but the craft was cancelled in 1955. Copyright Lisa Vooght.








Convair F2Y Sea Dart. First flight 1953, retired/cancelled 1957. Copyright Lisa Vooght






Copyright Lisa Vooght




Copyright Lisa Vooght

Copyright Lisa Vooght




Copyright Lisa Vooght




Good luck! (There are no prizes, just the satisfaction of knowing that you're an ace aircraft spotter.)

5 comments:

  1. I think the last one's a bi-plane? We have an open-air museum here in San Diego, but the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, MI is a whole lot better.

    Write1Sub1 RELOADED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flying weather out there in San Diego. I'd love to visit the Air Zoo!!
    I see you've revamped W1S1, have to get back into that after Christmas. I've been slacking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First one is the C-Dart. Fourth one a Skyhawk? Fifth and last one a Stearman PT17?
    Tough ones this time, Lisa! Don't know my Navy planes very well I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er . . . I have no idea. I don't know much about aircraft. :P

    Great pictures, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know the names of any of them except these are some great pictures of some cool old planes!!!! I really should have paid more attention to the info plaques when visiting the aircraft museums! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete