Monday, April 30, 2012

Zaitech - Poetry - A to Z Challenge


Forsaken isles of shopping malls,
moored among the asphalt sea
with gulls that sail the hot updrafts
and eye the scattered trash below for tea

The colonists, while lacking posts
avail themselves of native fare,
to ease the fear accompanying
the machinations of raging bull and bear.

Inside their underwater homes,
eschewing dry discussions,
and antiquated civil discourse,
preferring pixelated repercussions,

unless aroused by fleeting squalls,
when bobbing on the odious tides
it dawns upon their somnolent minds
the stars are not the most reliable guides.

Their shows of greed and self display
and cries of more! and more! and more!
will ultimately bind us tight
and sink us quickly to the ocean's floor. 

zaitech - investment in financial markets by a company in order to boost profits

Thus ends my second A to Z challenge. I'm proud of many, although there are some clunkers as well. It was fun, but I will be glad to take a break for a bit. 

Many thanks to everyone who visited, whether you commented or not.  Your time and interest is greatly appreciated!

A hearty welcome to new followers - and I again urge you (all bloggers, in fact) to please take the time and link your blog to your profile so that when you leave a comment, the host can easily return the favor. 

I read a lot of great posts this month, and look forward to reading many more next month and "catching up". I suspect I won't be posting much, as I feel like I need a breather.

Hope you all had a great time!!

6 comments:

  1. Great ending Li...and here's to a well deserved rest. Don't stay away too long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on surviving the A-to-Z madness! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zaitech is a new word for me. I guess we all need to do it if we want to sell our books.

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Li, you made it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous piece of verse. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete