|Time is ticking away!|
The A to Z Challenge is coming up in April. While some choose to write as they go, those with other projects or time constraints often start writing posts ahead of time. So I thought I'd offer a few suggestions for anyone casting about for ideas. ( For my list last year, go here. )
- Food additives, what they are and what they do. (Bonus: letter X is taken care of with xylitol.)
- Brands of beer. (Start doing your research drinking now. Oh, and you might have to brew your own for X.)
- Riots throughout history.
- Cool internet sites
- DIY projects that really are do it yourself. Most of us can't weld.
- Automobiles (anyone remember the Yugo?)
- Worst covers of great songs
- Haunted places
- Places/cities (real or fictional) featured in songs, movies and/or TV shows
- Things that people collect (Bob Gibbins has the world’s largest collection of "silicone companions".)
- Unsolved mysteries or crimes
- Cool things from a bygone era (inventions, fashions, foods, artwork, etc.)
- Celebs who shouldn't be celebs (careful - you don't want Beliebers or Directioners hunting you down)
- Environmental disasters
- Foods from countries around the world
- Strange/unusual place names
- Games throughout history
- Sayings or catch words that make your toes curl (selfie? twerking? amazeballs? Wow. Just. Wow.)
- Movies which never had a prequel or sequel - but should have
- Parks and wildlife reserves around the world
- Theme/amusement park rides
- Unusual flavors of ice cream, potato chips or other snack foods that shouldn't taste like fish or squirrel
- Free things to do in your city, town or region
- Faith based posts Share your knowledge of world religions, saints, theological terms, holy sites
- Citizen science sites (bonus: Z is taken care with Zooniverse)
- Alien races from sci-fi books/shows (Star Trek alone gives you Q, Vulcan and Xindi)
- Periodic elements (you can include the new element Ununpentium. Just make something up for Z)
- Math stuff from Abscissa to Quantity, from Venn diagram to Zero, math has got it covered.
- Scholarships help students find tons of cash to finance college. From Asparagus Club scholarship to Tall Clubs International to Jay-Z's Scholarship (real name: Shawn Carter).
So, those are just a few suggestions to get your A to Z creative ideas flowing. No, no, don't thank me. Just remember that my last name starts with V, if you're stuck for a post. :-)
If you choose (and commit) to one of the above ideas, maybe you could note it in the comment section below to let others know.
To sign up for this year's A to Z challenge and meet the hosts, click