Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What I Did On Summer Vacation - #Photos

Watched the local polo team.


Went to the 50th anniversary of the 1964 World's Fair. Observation towers left from World's Fair at Corona Park, Flushing, Queens, NY.

What's left of the NY state pavilion. It once had a mosaic roof. Several groups are working toward securing fund to do some restoration work.

The Geosphere. Really stunning.
My ride.
My parents found this among their photos. Here I am at 6 years old with the mumps. A lot of you have probably been immunized with the measles/mumps/rubella (MMR) vaccine but have never seen anyone with these diseases. Let me tell you, mumps was agonizing. I couldn't move my head or eat - just sip through a straw.

SO, hope you've been entertained while I enjoy my vacation. I'll be back writing and visiting in a week or so. 

8 comments:

  1. Can people still go up in those observation towers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's unsafe. The day we were there they were allowing us to wear hardhats and go inside the pavilion but not the towers. Groups are trying to secure funding/donations, and last I heard they were going to repair the towers although I don't know if they'll ever re-open to the public. They look very eerie, don't they?

      Delete
  2. Yes, a lovely holiday! Beautiful photos! A bad stage at age 6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics Li, especially the one with mumps. I remember having them. Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics Li, especially the one with mumps. I remember having them. Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Flash Fiction" has been included in our Sites To See #390. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/08/sites-to-see-390.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerry, Denise, Andrew and Leovi. I'm taking a break from writing to deal with some things. Hope to be back soon! :-)
      And thank you, jerry, for adding my blog to your "sites to see" list. I'm honored and it's much appreciated!

      Delete