Wednesday, April 6, 2016

E Is For Extreme Ironing (and other interesting pursuits) #AtoZChallenge

Phil Shaw. Original uploader was Theredrocket at en.wikipedia
 Extreme Ironing on Rivelin Needle, Sheffield, UK
Pack up your troubles and your ironing board and smile...smile...smile...

"Extreme ironing" exists. Really. The sport (art form?) gained some notoriety after a documentary called "Extreme Ironing: Pressing for Victory" (2003) followed the British Extreme Ironing team during the first Munich World Championship.

Choose a location - from a local park to a cave, mountain top, or beach.
Combine it with another hobby - water skiing, snowboarding, skydiving.

Could you stop by and pick up my pressing as well?

If ironing is not your thing, there's always the Washing Machine club.
Or the Vacuum Cleaner Collectors club.

You know what? I hereby lay claim to "The A to Z of Unusual Hobbies and Collectors" for next year's 2017 #AtoZChallenge! Wish I had thought of it for this year...








6 comments:

  1. My writer's group is always laughing at me because I actually love to iron! I find it very relaxing while I listen to the radio or watch old movies. Maybe I need to join a team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All ironing was extreme for me - on a table in my Norwegian flat back in the 1980s. Now I only iron under extreme threats of what will happen if I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about extreme polishing? Polishing Brass? Polishing silver? Not confessing anything here, but just saying ...

    Aneeta from
    How to Tell a Great Story

    ReplyDelete
  4. play bazaar
    There is no life to be found in violence. Every act of violence brings us closer to death. Whether it's the mundane violence we do to our bodies by overeating toxic food or drink or the extreme violence of child abuse, domestic warfare, life-threatening poverty, addiction,Satta Bajar, or state terrorism.

    ReplyDelete