Saturday, April 12, 2014

Kingdomality - Crafting Characters #AtoZChallenge



                                          (Your reward for visiting me here today:  Monty Python -
                                          The Black Knight (Just A Flesh Wound) 
  

      For lovers of all things Medieval - here's the vocational assessment system for you!  Created in 1990 by Richard Silvano, Kingdomality is based on the theory that everyone has a Medieval vocational personality. He posits that it is no accident that long ago certain types of people gravitated to certain professions.  (I would argue that birth order and lineage had much more to do with who ended up in which profession, but I'm not an expert.) Silvano believes that identifying and understanding one's Medieval personality can be a key to success in today's job market.

     There are twelve Kindomality characters. The assessment information is all copyrighted so I'll just list the "types" and two or three words of description from  Wikipedia  .

Bishop - orderly, imaginative, short-sighted
Benevolent Ruler - idealistic, charismatic, manipulative
Shepherd - vigilant, dependable, rigid
Black Knight - strategist, efficient, arrogant
Scientist - data-driven, perceptive, narrow-minded
Discoverer - adventurous, open-minded, impractical
Merchant - competitive, realistic, unmerciful
Prime Minister - decision-maker, risk-taker, impetuous
Engineer/Builder - practical, pragmatic, dogmatic
Dreamer/Minstrel - optimistic, spontaneous, sentimental
White Knight - merciful, heroic, impulsive
Doctor - consistent, rational, sensory-driven

Which type is your character? Which type are you? For more info, visit Kindomality.com

Adjectives for the day:  kerasine, kitthoge, kempt, kinetic



22 comments:

  1. Very cool - I'd never heard of this before. Although I agree with you that it would seem like circumstances of birth had more to do with where people ended up back then rather than personality or choice. I'd say my main character best fits the Minstrel.

    Hope you’re having fun with the A to Z challenge,
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a lot of fun, hope you are too! :-)

      Delete
  2. IT's just a scratch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say Dreamer/minstrel is probably closest to me. I'm very optimistic most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. t seems a lot of writers fall into the dreamer/minstrel category!

      Delete
  4. Hello, nice to meet you. Guessing I'm kinda meshed between Doctor, White Knight, and Dreamer....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too! I think I fit 2 or 3 different types - depending on my stage in life.

      Delete
  5. I do love all things Medieval! Just like Laura, I would be a Dreamer/Minstrel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I found this more fun than useful :-)

      Delete
  6. Dreamer Minstrel :D I am not surprised at all. It's not on your list, and I was about to ask, 'wait what about the storytellers?' and then I went and did the test and there it is. Not surprised at all :)
    Thank you for this! Very interesting.

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Tales of colors
    MopDog - The crazy thing about Hungarians...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two sites I found have slightly different lists. But since minstrels also told stories - well, perhaps they are pretty much the same as far as personal characteristics. :-)

      Delete
  7. I'm a Dreamer-Minstrel, which isn't what I was thinking I would be but it works. Very interesting post and thanks for the link to a fun site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post can really come in handy when crafting characters. As for me, I don't know who I am yet – I'm still working on me. :-)
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone can be neatly fit into one category :-)

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa, thanks for the comment on my blog. New follower here. Thanks for telling us about Kingdomality, I will try it out. I like the list, it will come in handy when I am crafting characters for my next book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty sure I'm a discoverer - the impracticality descriptor is definitely a thing at times :)

    Thanks for stopping by this week!
    AJ @ Naturally Sweet
    An A-Z Co-host blog
    Tweet me! @ayjaylauer

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great thought provoker ;) bookmarking this for later

    ReplyDelete