Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Walter Farley and the Great Dane Thor - Photo

Yes, I am still yammering on about Walter Farley, author of the Black Stallion series of books. I knew there was a picture somewhere, and Mom graciously hauled out the family albums and found it. (To read the original post about Mr. Farley, click here.

Copyright:  Lisa Vooght, 2011
Thor, Walter Farley, me, and my big sister at Mr. Farley's, Florida, 1975.
*Note that I am sporting my brand new jeans for the occasion.
Now, back to our original programming. (For information on the upcoming Rule Of Three Blogfest, please click here

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous old photo! I'm off to read all about Walter Farley now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photo. will read about Walter Farley tomorrow as it's fast approaching midnight here,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! And to think, in '75 I wasn't even born yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to ask if you got pictures with him!
    Milo wasn't even born... crap, I feel old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the next year I graduated high school, talk about old. Weren't those jeans fashionable? Now they are back, I so wanted to forget the 70's :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember seeing the movie with my grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully kept photo. Like it!

    JJrod'z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Li, such an awesome old pic...and I adore that dog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great !
    Regards from France,

    Pierre
    http://pierre-boyer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, everybody, for stopping by and commenting. I'm just really glad that Mom has kept all of these photos!

    ReplyDelete